Friday, November 18, 2011

Just for Fun Friday: Fancy Nancy Our Thanksgiving Banquet (with stickers)

Thankfully, it's Friday.  Baby bookworm had a cold last weekend, and I could tell she wasn't feeling quite herself all week.  But, today she woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed, so I'm hoping my little baby bookworm's silly and happy personality is back, and that the cranky throw-myself-on-the-floor-in-the-middle-of-Barnes-and-Noble baby bookworm is gone (yes, that happened yesterday)!

In case you are new to reading here, Friday is the one day of the week where I really try to work on "print motivation" by doing something extra fun with reading.  Some Fridays we read pop-up books, use book apps, read in special places, or even make reading into a game.  Today, we are reading Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet.




And, why is this book extra fun?  Um...because it came with stickers.  Oh, boy.  As if my child didn't love the books in this series enough, they throw in stickers to really suck her in.


We have been reading Fancy Nancy books honestly all week (you'd think I was being paid to promote them, but I'm not!  I just happen to think Jane O' Connor can write some darn good books, and it's an added bonus that they happen to also be great for building a child's vocabulary).  This one is highly appropriate for this Friday given that Thanksgiving is less than a week away!  I enjoy reading holiday books even more now with baby bookworm since she can better understand the traditions involved. 

What else is "fun" about this book?  The Fancy Nancy do-it yourself guide to making your very own turkey craft.  I can remember doing a hand print turkey just like this one in elementary school.  It never gets old. Baby bookworm wanted to make one the second she saw it.  Luckily, I had some rhinestones laying around so she could make it fancy!





How are you motivating your child to read today?

Happy Friday! 

3 comments:

  1. I want a little girl for the Fancy Nancy books alone. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best. I wish they'd been around when I was little! If you know and love a boys equivalent of this series - you are more than welcome to guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked this out at the library yesterday! The boys are getting ready for the influx of cousins...

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Widgets