Monday, January 16, 2012

land of once upon a time turns ONE: Celebrating with David

Happy Anniversary to us.  It all began one year ago today with a post on David Shannon's books about a cute, mischievous boy named David who gets told "NO" by a lot of people in his life.

Today, in celebration of land of once upon a time turning ONE, I am returning to where it all began.  I would have never imagined that when I first read No, David!  by David Shannon (published by Scholastic) to baby bookworm, that one short year later at 25 months she'd be "reading" it to me!  Here is an excerpt.


To all of you: thanks for reading about our journey in learning, literacy and loving books over the past year.  

And a very special thanks to my fellow friends, family, and to the community of mom bloggers I have met along the way for providing the encouragement to keep writing.  

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 'blogiversary!" And Baby Bookworm is a great "reader"! We love the David books in this house, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Well, we have read that book thousands of times in the past year so she's had some practice for her video debut. I think kids love them because they are funny. David Shannon has a great thing going with them!

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Marissa! What a sweet video! I will never get tired of hearing my boys read to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I think she'll appreciate these videos when she's older.

      Delete

Blogger Widgets