Thursday, March 14, 2013

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day with an Art Project inspired by green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger is a book full of vibrant pictures, and unique hues of green. It's no wonder that Green is a 2013 Caldecott Honor Book.


Green provides a great opportunity to celebrate this one color, and talk about how many different shades a color can come in....there's "pea green", or "khaki green", or "wacky green"...

Both of my baby bookworms (ages 3 and 2 months) enjoyed this book. Its simplicity and incredibly beautiful illustrations had them begging for me to read it again.



But, at the conclusion of the book I had to ask my 3-year old....are there any other types of green? And so, here you have it. The missing green from Seeger's book - "Icy Green".



If you are tired of all the shamrock and rainbow crafts to celebrate St. Patty's Day (although terribly fun and cute, too) - try an art project inspired by the book Green instead. Have your child use his imagination...and I bet he'll come up with a green you couldn't have even dreamed of.

I, of course, had to join in the fun and add my own green to the story too....can you guess it?


 
Hands Green!
 
 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sharing at: Teach Beside Me, Weekly Kid's Co-Op, the Sunday Showcase, and Link & Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets