Friday, October 14, 2011

Just for Fun Friday: Highlights High Five

I love getting magazines in the mail.  One of my favorite things to do is flip through a magazine while sipping a cup of black coffee (or while getting a pedicure - although that doesn't happen very often these days).  I will admit, though, that I am a glutton for the "mindless" types of magazines - People, Star, OK!, Hello!.  Put Britney on the cover, and I'm sold. 

Not my best quality - fine - but everyone has a vice.  And mine is reading about where Jennifer Aniston was last seen on the streets of LA, or what breakfast cereal Lindsay Lohan is picking off the shelf at the supermarket (wow...she buys cereal!  I buy cereal too!), or who wore that dress better. 

And what will make me snatch that magazine off the stand even faster than a Britney cover?  A pregnant celebrity on the cover - because I was once pregnant too!  And I secretly need to know that celebrities ankles get swollen like the rest of us.

But I digress....

The whole point is that magazine reading is FUN! 

A few months ago baby bookworm got her very own magazine subscription to Highlights High Five.  Her latest edition arrived this week, but we just got around to reading it this morning.


Highlights High Five

She LOVES the silly picture and hidden pictures games.  She's not so into reading the stories, but that's OK.  It is just for fun Friday - a day when we do fun reading. 


That's Silly Game - a real hit


Which gets me thinking....I wonder what is up with Beyonce's pregnancy these days?

What are YOU reading JUST FOR FUN today?!! 

If you have a toddler, I highly recommend Highlights High Five.  It's very fun to see baby bookworm's face brighten up when she gets her very own mail.  Plus, it's not only fun....it's educational too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets